Interiors: Esplanade House (1887)
Waudby Road, Fort.
Esplanade House, the palatial residence of industrialist Jamsetji Tata (1839-1904) has been restored to its former glory.
The painstaking restoration work, which took over a decade, was carried out by conservation architect Vikas Dilawari and was funded by the current owners of the building, the R. D. Sethna Scholarship Fund.
Our next photos series will focus on the intricate tiling patterns found on the various floors of the mansion.
Photos courtesy Jasmine Driver for Parsiana magazine.