St. Thomas’ Cathedral (1718)
Church Gate Street, Fort (presently Veer Nariman Road)
St. Thomas’ Cathedral, initially called Bombay Church, was located at the heart of the Fort, the walled settlement within which the city’s early inhabitants lived. Church Gate, one of the three gates of the Fort, was named after this church, consecrated into a cathedral in 1837.
The Fort walls were demolished in 1864.